The Apocalypse...

I'm not everybody's cuppa. Warrior Spirit. I serve my purpose whether anybody understands it or not. Speak your truth. Live your truth. Drink the truth like acid. Stare into the light of the Sun. Discover yourself... Become yourself. This is the Apocalypse. This is the Age of Aquarius. You're HERE! Live it!

Search

Friday, March 18, 2016

#Strawberry Salad

And inspired recipe....

Fresh Strawberries, about a pint, stemmed and sliced
Fresh Kale, about 4 or 5 nice sized leaves, stemmed and chopped bite size
Fresh Lime Juice, about half a lime
1 Fresh Avocado, cut into bite size slices
2 or 3 nice sprigs of fresh Basil, chopped

I chopped the Kale and squeezed the limes over it and let it set to break down and tenderize the leaves. I also put the cut up avocado in with this mixture because I happen to have a very firm one.
While this sets, I made the dressing as follows...

Dressing:
1 cup of Pure Cranberry Juice
1/4 cup of raw sugar - I use Turbinado
1 half cup finely chopped Strawberries

Put it all in a small sauce pan and heat it up so that the sugar melts. Then turn it down low to warm just so the Strawberries can break down well and flavor the syrup. Keep on heat about half hour then remove to cool. I put mine in the freezer while I made bizkits ;) About a half hour. It was just about to get slushy when I took it out. Perfect!
Add Poppy Seeds. As many as you like! Then add about a quarter cup of oil. I used Olive. Mix it all up well.

Back to the tenderizing salad. Add the Strawberries and Basil. Pour the dressing over and mix it all up well.

Yumma mificent!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment