The Apocalypse...

I'm not everybody's cuppa. Warrior Spirit. I serve my purpose whether anybody understands it or not. Speak your truth. Live your truth. Drink the truth like acid. Stare into the light of the Sun. Discover yourself... Become yourself. This is the Apocalypse. This is the Age of Aquarius. You're HERE! Live it!

Search

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Sermon: It Does No Good

You can warn people of impending doom...  But that does them no good if they have never been taught how to deal with doom. They only panic and whine for someone to come and snatch them away from harm.
You can take the alcohol out of the alcoholics house.  But that does them no good if they have never been taught how to deal with addiction.  They only twist and writhe under the powerful biological urges to consume alcohol.  
What lengths will they go to, to get alcohol if you take it from their house?
You can punish a child for making bad grades in school... But that does them no good, if no one understands why the child is making bad grades and helps the child to learn.  How many children feel unteachable?  What will they do when they grow up?  No one sees them now, who will see them then?
You can take away all the guns in the world... But that does us no good if we never asked why people were using guns in the first place.  If not guns, then what?  

You are all asking the wrong questions...
You are all depending on laws to fix your world...
You are taking no responsibility for yourself, your children or your world.

Some people grow up with blizzards, some with earthquakes, some with hurricanes.  They have no problem dealing with these extremes, because they know how to deal with them.  It is a part of their lives and a part of their heritage.  Put the blizzard in an earthquake and they will pee their pants.  Put the earthquake in a hurricane and they will pee their pants.  Put the hurricane in a blizzard and they will crash their car backing out of the driveway.  

If you are afraid of guns, learn about guns.  Teach your children about guns.  Look into your child's eyes and understand what troubles them.  

What would drive you to shoot someone with a gun?  Don't say "never"!!!  You're asking for a test you will not pass!
Instead, think of what would send you over the edge...  What does that feel like?
Rage?
Despair?
Hopelessness?
Pain?
Frustration?

I hate people who can't sing.  I don't understand why everybody can't sing!  I can sing.  I sing beautifully.  I can even write my own songs.  What the hell is wrong with people who can't sing!!!?
I also hate people who can't see.  Don't they know how stupid they look bumping into other people!?
And old people!!!  Oh my god they can't do anything that I can do! Why are they even here!?  They can't hear, they don't remember their phone numbers, they can't use computers.... they drive too slow!

I love mushrooms.  My friend hates them.  I love the beach.  My friend hates the sun. 
I hate the mountains.  My friend lives in the mountains.

WHY....

Why are we different?  Why can't I feel what they feel?  See how they see things?  Believe what they believe?

I hate people who throw trash on the ground!  Yes, but I'd never shoot them!

Why would anybody shoot another person...?  Why do old people drive slow and forget their phone numbers?  Why do I love mushrooms?  What is it about a mushroom that my friend hates??

Why...

Walk a mile in their shoes.... Then you'll know exactly why.
Have you ever wanted to sing like Whitney Houston?
Have you ever been old?
Have you ever been terrified of driving on a mountain road?
Have you ever been Autistic?
Have you ever been a millionaire?

You don't know what you feel like or why!  How much less do you know what it feels like to be___________________________ . . . ?

Peace on Earth, Good will to those who deserve it?

Peace on Earth is not achieved with guns or without guns.  
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 
And peace is in the heart of the seeker.

Stop hiding behind stories of Jesus.
Stop hiding behind politics.
Stop wishing peace.
BE PEACE.
The new world is here... Are you living in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment