The Apocalypse...

I'm not everybody's cuppa. Warrior Spirit. I serve my purpose whether anybody understands it or not. Speak your truth. Live your truth. Drink the truth like acid. Stare into the light of the Sun. Discover yourself... Become yourself. This is the Apocalypse. This is the Age of Aquarius. You're HERE! Live it!

Search

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

S'mileage

When I became aware that I needed more smileage... it quickly dawned on me that maybe no one "got" it.
I've been told most of my life that I needed to 1) speak up, or 2) smile more.
Ok that's not what smileage is.
I have a naturally intense facial expression that I was born with.  Its genetic.  The only surviving baby picture of me (that I know of) is me being propped in a sitting position on the grass at the age of about 3 months with the classic, Eure "seriously?" look on my face.  No smile.
I don't need to "smile more".  That's fake.  I don't do fake.  To a fault.
Smileage... or maybe more accurately "s'mileage" = smile mileage.

I looked in the mirror yesterday morning and saw... my grandmother.  I saw my face passing into yet another stage of aging, which is not ok.  It means I carry too much stress mileage.
Youthful genes run in my family.  My dad and my grandparents, including my grandmother, do (did) not look there age.... when they were in their 60s, 70s & 80s!
I'm 49.  I should still look like a mere child.

I need more things that make me smile!  S'mileage.
The mileage on my face of 49 should reflect more reasons and occasions to smile.  Genuine, sincere joy... not a command to "Smile!"  (idiots!)



No comments:

Post a Comment